"ACADEMIA WITHOUT WALLS"
"The next Paradigm does not deny materialism. It simply says consciousness came first."
Please visit Dr. Morse's new website
Learn about his new work on the science of spirituality and spiritual transformation
5268 G Nicholson Lane #277
Kensington, MD 20895
We are deeply honored to now be
The Institute for the Scientific Study of Consciousness
Founded by Charles Tart in 1977
A Tax Free Educational and Research Institution
Institute for the Scientific Study of Consciousness is a non-profit organization. ISSC is a non-profit California corporation, tax exempt under the 501(3)(c) and 170(b)(1)(A)(vi) sections of the Internal Revenue Service code. We do not pay ourselves salaries. All the money we collect through selling our books and donations goes to funding our research.
"Norm, Storm, Conform and Reform: And Dr. Morse, You Are the Storm"
Melvin L Morse MD, a former Pediatric Intensive Care Physician, was a pioneer in Near Death Research, particularly in children. His books Closer to the Light, Transformed by the Light and Where God Lives: How Our Brains are connected to the Universe, are International Best Sellers. He has post graduate training in Neuroscience from the University of Washington. He was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the U of W for 20 years. He is a neuro-scientist and Board Certified Pediatrician.
Dr. Morse was honored by Best Doctors as being one of the best Pediatricians in America from 1996-2006. He has numerous teaching awards and honors. He has published extensively in the medical literature on near death experiences, consciousness, and Reiki/energetic healing. He has been honored by the World Health Organization for his recent research and presented at the upcoming Science of Consciousness 2011 Conference in Stockholm.
Dr. Morse's current research interests include 1) Spiritual Neuroscience: an understanding the hardware of spiritual understandings 2) Controlled Remote viewing, which he considers to be a window into the near death experience. 3) The right temporal lobe, our "god spot" which connects our brains to the divine. This “god spot” has been more recently been extended by Mario Beauregard MD to be the “Spiritual Brain”. His book Spiritual Brain presents a greater understanding of our brain as a filter of consciousness. 3) Reiki and energetic healing 4) Applications of near death experiences to death and dying, hospice and our cultural understanding of death 5) Medical applications of remote viewing.
Melvin L Morse MD FAAP graduated with academic honors from George Washington University School of Medicine. He interned in Pediatrics at the University of California at San Francisco, and then completed a residency in Pediatrics at Seattle Children's Hospital. He has a two year fellowship in Hematology/Oncology studying brain tumors and leukemia, also at Seattle Children's Hospital He has a one year fellowship in Behavioral Pediatrics, followed by two years of post-doctoral training in neuroscience at the University of Washington. His near death research was the result of his winning a National Service Research Award. He is a recognized expert in Hospice Care and death and dying issues.
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1. He was voted by his peers as being one of America's Best Doctors, from 1995-2007 (when he retired from the University of Washington) He now concentrates on his research and is in part-time practice in Lower Slower Delaware.
2. He helped found the Pediatric Interim Care Center, a nationally acclaimed center for the treatment of Cocaine Addicted Infants.
3. He helped found the Autism Spectrum Research Clinic, in Renton, Washington, a small diagnostic clinic for autism, which coordinated the involvement an occupational therapist, speech pathologist, developmental specialist and Pediatrician in one visit, to create a therapeutic road map for the patient.
4. He helped set up the Pediatric Residency Training Program at Valley Medical Center, and has won numerous teaching awards.
5. He had a solo private practice of Pediatrics in the Seattle, Washington area and had the privilege of caring for 2 and at times 3 generations of patients. His practice involved autism, complex behavioral disorders and developmental disabilities.
6. He worked for the Ashley House system, which are residential care facilities for chronically ill and dying children, in the Northwest.
7. He was one of the first physicians for Airlift Northwest, an air transport service flying critically ill children to Seattle Children's Hospital from remote locations in Alaska and the Northwest, and in his time had transported more critically ill patients than any other physician in the Northwest.
8. He was an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Washington for 20 years, retiring in 2007 to concentrate on research and writing.
9. He has written numerous articles in the medical literature, primarily on near death experiences.
10. He published the first description of a child's near death experience in the medical literature.
11. He has published the only study of near death experiences in children in the medical literature, and one of the first case controlled prospective studies of near death experiences.
12. He published the Seattle Study, the largest study of the transformational effects of near death experiences in adults.
13. He was funded by the National Cancer Institute for his near death studies, and is an acknowledged expert on death and dying issues.
14. His work on near death experiences have been published in the American Medical Association's Pediatric Journal AJDC. Contemporary Pediatrics devoted an entire issue to his research and its implications for health care practitioners.
15. He was one of the early faculty members of Bastyr University, one of the world's largest Naturopathic Universities, in Seattle, Washington. He taught Pediatrics and trained students for 20 years, both from the University of Washington School of Medicine and Naturopathic physicians.
1. Melvin L Morse MD FAAP
2. Angela Ronson (Researcher, Investigator, Spiritual Survivor)
3. John Peter Thompson
Click Here to read Angela's Blog: The Thoughtful Vegetable
Click here for more information about Angela.
3. John Peter Thompson: Philosopher. Policy analyst and lecturer on ecological systems, invasive plant species(click for his website
Follow us on twitter @invasivenotes @angelar70
To Download chapters from my books Click Here
He has a daughter Melody Grace, (age 7). She is a joyous rainbows of light. He also has two gifted and loving married adult daughters and two extraordinary grandchildren, Charlotte, and Tristan.
His daughter Michaela is a sophomore at Eastern Washington State. She is wise beyond her years. Brett is nearly 25 and a Machinist for the Genie Corporation. Both of them are sources of inspiration and often my best teachers. Cody is 21 and making his way in life, which is a significant accomplishment in these troubled times.
Dr. Morse is a real person with real problems, not some sort of spiritual or scientific guru. He has road tested in his own sometimes chaotic life everything he teach in this website and various workshops.
He is a proud Phillies fan and "bleeds green" in the fall and winter.
5268 G Nicholson Lane #277
Kensington, MD 20895