"ACADEMIA WITHOUT WALLS"
"The next Paradigm does not deny materialism. It simply says consciousness came first."
(Almost all of the articles are available in Pdf format)
Spiritual Neuroscience Articles and Books Click Here
Remote Viewing Articles and Books Click Here
Energy Healing Articles and Books Click Here
Near Death Experience and Parapsychology Articles and Books (See Below)
Spirituality and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Treatment Click Here
Grief and Loss Resources Articles and Books Click Here
Dr. Morse's Articles, Book Chapters, Scientific Papers Click Here
"Faith is the great mover of mankind, but cannot be weighed by the laboratory scale or measured by laboratory instruments" Sir William Osler
1. Greyson B: Do Prevailing Social Models Influence Reports of NDEs: A Comparison of Reports Before 1975 and after 1975. J Nerv and Mental Disease Vol 194(3) March 2006 Click Here for Article
2. Greyson B: Consistency of near-death-experience accounts over two decades: Are Reports Embellished Over Time? Resuscitation (2007) 73, 407-411 (Excluding Dannion Brinkley's of course) Click Here for PDF
3. Greyson B: Near Death Experiences and Spirituality Zygon vol 41 (2) June 2006 Click Here for article
4. Dossey L: Dying to Heal: A Neglected Aspect of Near Death Experiences Explore: The Journal of Science and Healing; March 2011; 7(2): 59-62: Click Here for article
5. Jansen K: A Ketamine Model for the Near Death Experience. A Central Role for the NMDA Receptor. J Near Death Studies (click here for the article) Dr Jansen goes on to see Ketamine, other neurologically active peptides as facilitating the perception of other realities. Read his outstanding book: Ketamine: Dreams and Realities
An interview with Dr. Jansen in which he states Timothy Leary was the "fall guy" for a lot of societal issues with LSD. click here
6. Gibbs J: Near Death Experiences, Death Bed Visions and Past Life Memories: Convergence in Support of van Lommels Consciousness Beyond Life Journal of Near Death Studies 29(2) Winter 2010 (click here for pdf)
7. Near Death Experiences as a type of dissociation: Krippner S, Powers SM (eds) Broken Images, Broken Selves, Dissociative Narratives in Clinical Practice Brunner/Mazel 1997 Washington DC Chapter Seven: (yes by the MAN!) Greyson B: Near Death Narratives pp 163-180 Click here for Pdf
9. Complete list of Bruce Greyson's publications: Holy Shit! He has published more than the rest of the researchers combined. Everything I have accomplished is because of him, so add my references on to his list as well. http://archived.parapsych.org/members/c_b_greyson.html
1. Irish Study of Visions of the Dying: Click Here 2011
2. Nahm M: Terminal Lucidity in People with Mental Illness and Other Mental Disability: An Overview and Implications for Possible Explanatory Models. Journal of Near Death Studies 28(2) Winter 2009. Click here for article
3. Nahm M, Greyson B: Terminal Lucidity in Patients withy Chronic Schizophrenia and Dementia: A Survey of the Literature. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease Vol 197 (12) December 2009 Click here
4. Nahm M, Greyson B, Kelly EW, Haraldsson E: Termnal Lucidity: A Review and a Case Collection. This is an important paper. Click here for link to abstract and how you can purchase it (which you should)
5. Fenwick P, Lovelace H, Brayne S: Confort for the Dying: Five Year Retrospective and One Year Prospective Study of End of Life Experiences. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics (In press) Click here for Pdf
6. Does the soul have weight? Here is the famous article from 1907 by Duncan MacDougall. President of his class at Boston University School of Medicine and considered to be hard headed and practical!
MacDougal, Duncan: Hypothesis Concerning Soul Substance Together with Experimental Evidence of the Existence of Such Substance. American Medicine New Series Vol II (4) 240-43 (April 1907) Click here for Pdf
Spiritual Healing: Scientific Validation of a Healing Revolution Daniel Benor MD Vision Publications Southfield MI 2002
The Bible for studies of energy healing up until 2002! 124 craazy controlled studies, even dozens of PhD theses! Everything, even a cool list of names of energy healing.
2. Sicher F, Targ E, Moore D et al: A randomized double blind study of the effects of distant healing in a population with advanced AIDS. Western Journal of Medicine 1998 vol 169 356-363 Click here for article
3. Devito, Doug: The Upgrade Promotional Chapter of his upcoming book on energy healing. Excellent Click Here
4. Eisenberg DM, Davis RB, Waletzky J Inability of an 'Energy Transfer Diagnostician' to Distinguish Between Fertile and Infertile Women Medscape General Medicine. 2001;3(1) © 2001 Medscape Click here for Pdf
5. Yount G, Smith S, Avanozian V: Biofield Perception: A Series of Pilot Studies with Cultured Human Cells Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Vol 10 (3) 2004 463-467 (authors could not find evidence of energetic perceptions)
6. Achterberg J, Cooke K, Richards T et all: Evidence for Correlations Between Distance Intentionality and Brain Function in Recipients: A Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Analysis. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Volume 11 (6) pp 965-971 Click here for Pdf
7. Levin J: "Energy Healers and What Do They Do" Explore Vol 7 Issue 1 Jan-Feb 2011 pp13-26 (Click Here for article)
8. Center for Reiki Research They have developed the Touchstone Project, which critically evaluates Reiki research. You can read summaries of research projects and download them for free. You have to join, also free (Click here)
9. Lake J: Nonconventional Approaches in Psychiatric Assessment. Psychiatric Times June 2008 pp 20-22 Click here
Opening to the Infinite. A Nemoseen Book www.nemoseen.com Click here for link
Stephan Schwartz begins with remote viewing and ends with how an individual can open their consciousness to the infinite and change the world! Stephan sees all psychic abilities as simply the human ability to open the mind to the "all knowledge non-local domain".
I love Josie and she came to Pauline and my marriage revows. I contributed a chapter (click here to read) and so did Bernie Siegel, Pam Kirchner, Dannion Brinkley, Joyce Hawkes, Sylvia Browne, and lots of wondrous stories. Click Here to download my chapter in PDF Visits To Heaven Josie Varga ARE Press 2011 Awesome.
If you only have one book to read, this is the one. It is both informative and hilarious. I appreciate most that it is totally outside the Skeptic/Believer debate, Mary Roach approaches the topic as you or I would. She reviews all the important stuff, does a soul have weight, children who remember past lives, mediums, near death experiences.
Mary Roach: Spook. WW Norton 2005
Written by Neuroscientist and medium Vanessa Anseloni and Divaldo Franco, Brazilian Spiritist. Extraordinary synthesis of the neuroscience of ADHD, proper use of medication, excellent parenting advice, spiritual understandings and the existence of spirits who live on other worlds. No other book like it.
The New Generation: The Spiritist View on Indigo and Crystal Children Spiritist Press Baltimore Spiritist Organization Click Here
1. In the 1930s, a group of teenagers contacted a spirit known to them as Dr. Bindelof. They were able to demonstrate a wide variety of psychical phenomena including levitation. They were studied by the world's top scientists at that time. Click here to website dedicated to their experiences.
2. A nice article on Psychic Detectives: Schwartz S: ESPD Blue Intuition Magazine December 1998 pp 26-31 Click here
1. Richard Broughton's BIALS Foundation Address on Telepathy click here for Pdf
2. Krippner S, Ullman M: Telepathy and Dreams: A Controlled Experiment with Electroencephalogram-electro-oculogram Monitoring. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease Vol 151 (6) Dec 1970 394-403 (Click for Pdf)
3. Ganzfield Phenomena (Telepathy) Article by Daryl Bem from Cornell University Click here
4. Dean Radin has kindly supplied this list of articles having to do with EEG findings and telepathy. click here for list
1. New York Times on the closing of the Princeton ESP lab in 2007: Click here
2. Why do people believe in psychical phenomena? Over 50% of the population does. Are they gullible? Have a psychological need to believe? Or perhaps there is something to it? Review article from the British Psychological Society of the issue Click here for Pdf. Wiseman R, Watt C: Belief in Psychic Ability and the Misattribution Hypothesis: A Qualitative Review. British Journal of Psychology (2006) 97, 323-338
3. How to avoid errors in Parapsychology research, especially the dreaded stacking effect! Thouless RH, Brier RM: The Stacking Effect and Methods of Correcting for it. Journal of Parapsychology 34-2 June 1970 pp 126-128 Click for Pdf
.1. Remote viewer Angela Thompson Smith PhD (in psychology) gave me this treasure trove of her top 700 consciousness research articles in the past 80 years! Click here for the list
Check her out! She is an expert remote viewer. But dear to my heart is that she is a RN, worked with disadvantaged youth and in an orphanage in Columbia. She also has all the remote viewing credentials, Lucid Dream research, the PEAR Princeton research facility, and as Research Coordinator for the National Institute of Discovery Science. She is awesome and I bow to her. Click here to check out her website.
2. Charles Tart has graciously placed a lot of his articles on-line. This is his website with a treasure trove of on-line articles. Click
1. How emotions can effect a true RNG: Blasband RA: The Ordering of Random Events by Emotional Expression Journal of Scientific Exploration Vol 14 No 2 pp 195-216 2000 (click here for article)
2. How energy healers can effect a true random number generator Crawford CC, Jonas WB, Nelson R et all: Alterations in Random Event Measures Associated with a Healing Practice Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Vol 9 (3) 2003 345-353 Click here for article
3. Johrei Energy healers effect RNG, but don't effect tissue cells in culture. Radin D, Taft R, Yount G: Effects of Healing Intention on Cultured Cells and Truly Random Events Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine Vol 10 (1) 2004 pp103-112 Click here for article
4. True love can change the output of the RNG! "Bonded" pairs working together could change the output. Dunne BJ: Co-Operator Experiments with a REG Device Technical Note Princeton Engineering Anomalous Research Lab December 1991 Click here for article
5. How to do the statistics for the RNG? This is the website to the Global Consciousness Project and how they do their statistics http://noosphere.princeton.edu/
6. Radin, Dean and Roger Nelson. “Meta-analysis of Mind-Matter Interaction Experiments: 1959-2000.” (Paper cited there as “2000.”) Click here for article
1. Using a variant of EMDR to induce after death communications with departed spirits as a treatment for PTSD! Botkin AL: The Induction of After Death Communications using Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: A New Discovery. Journal of Near Death Studies 18 (3) Spring 2000 pp 181-209 Click here for article
1. An interesting article on Entanglement that John Peter Thompson feels is important. Same effects found WITHOUT entanglement, seems we don't need quantum physics to be entangled Click Here for article
This is an interactive website
We value your opinion Please contribute any sort of resources or references.
"It is through science that we prove but through intuition that we discover" - H Poincare (French Mathematician and Physicist, often called the Last Universalist)
Categories Of Articles Presented on this page. PDFs are available
1. Near Death Experiences
2. Death Bed Visions/Art of Dying
3. Energy/Reiki/Distance Healing
4. Non-local Perceptions and Reality
5. Life After Death
6. General Spirituality
10. Consciousness Research
11. Random Number Generators
12. After Death Communications
13. Quantum Physics and Beyond
Time for More Light, Less Dark, Less Heat
Now is the time for scientists to be courageous, as well as careful and precise, to help separate truth from hope, and fact from myth.
The paper published below is meant to advance science and debate. It has been reviewed, revised, and re-reviewed by nationally known experts in bio-statistics and in complementary medicine.
It reports a 6-month blinded study of 40 patients with AIDS who knew they might receive distant healing treatments representing a variety of traditions. Patients who received treatment had a statistically significant more benign course than control subjects.
Does the paper prove that prayer works? No. The authors call for more research, as do we and the reviewers,for a number of reasons.
We note that the study was relatively short and analyzed rather few patients. No treatment-related mechanisms for the effects were posited. The statistical methods can be criticized. We have chosen to publish this provocative paper to stimulate other studies of distant healing and other complementary practices and agents. It is time for more light, less dark, less heat.
-Linda Hawes Clever, MD
Editor: Western Journal of Medicine
(On publishing Sicher's study on distance healing and AIDS)